1) Why should I choose Gallerist over other similar platforms?
1) At Gallerist, you can register, do the listing, upload your artwork & start selling your artwork online at a minimal annual registration fee of
At Gallerist, right from joining to listing your artwork is free. You can register on our website, do the listing, upload your artwork & start selling online. We only charge once your artwork is sold through us.
Artists have the right to price their artwork, own and manage their personal accounts and upload as many artworks as they want.
4) Focused buyer segment:
We are not only focusing on normal buyers, but also targetting art collectors who place frequent and repeated orders. We also promote Gallerist among such buyers through online and offline promotions.
5) Strong online promotion strategy :
We have a dedicated team of more than 15 members to promote Gallerist online aggressively to get the maximum buyers from social Media and various search Engines.
6) Verified Artist Concept:
Only Gallerist has a concept of verifying the artists based on basic criteria like number of paintings, document verification etc. This gives the buyer the much needed confidence on the quality of the artwork and helps in increasing their buying tendancy.
2) Who are the people behind Gallerist?
Gallerist was co-founded by Mr. Sankar Thakur & Mrs. Sangeeta Choudhary (contemporary watercolorists) in the year 2013. Today, Gallerist has a team of more than 35 people to look after all the activities.
3) What is difference between a normal artist registered & a verified artist?
A normal artist is he who just comes to Gallerist and register to start selling his artwork. But, he can’t sell his artwork directly, rather he gets enquiry alerts. Only a verified artist can sell his artwork directly through us.
Becoming a verified artist not only help you sell your paintings directly through ‘Gallerist.in’, but also act as an assurance to the buyer on your strong association with us, which will strengthen their buying decision. Here are the benefits;
Painting by verified artists will be placed on top.
Your new paintings can be highlighted on website ‘Home page’ in section ‘New on Gallerist’
Whenever required, the Gallerist team will do the quality check-up and stamp your paintings for Quality assurance.
Gallerist team will support you in selling the paintings by various promotional methods.
Opening doors to be featured in Top 5 artist on website ‘Home page’.
ARTIST ACCOUNT/ REGISTRATION
4) How do I register on Gallerist?
To register on Gallerist, kindly follow these simple steps:
1) Go to our website
2) Click on create account.
3) You will have two options- Artist/Buyer.
If you are an artist and want to sell your artwork, then choose Artist option.
If you are a user/buyer/art collector, then choose Buyer option.
Now fill the basic info which includes your first name, last name, email id, contact no and password.
Click on register.
5) What are the criteria for registration?
Anyone who is an artist or likes to paint and draw can register on Gallerist and sell their artwork.
6) Is Gallerist open to an artist from various countries?
At Gallerist, everyone gets an equal platform to share their artwork. Artist from any place of the world can register on Gallerist. It’s just about the shipping & courier charges an artist has to bear for sending an artwork to Gallerist team at Mumbai, India, when he receives an order.
7) How many artworks can I upload?
A registered artist can upload as many artworks at a minimal registration fee of Rs 500. To become a verified artist or start selling through Gallerist, you need to upload minimum 8 artworks or more.
8) What kind of artwork can be sold?
Paintings and drawings or any kind of artwork presented on canvas/paper can be sold.
9) What if I forgot my password?
On website home page, click on ‘Sign In’, you get the option of ‘Forget password’ just click on it & type your email id. You will then receive a link to your email to reset your password.
10) What are the benefits of becoming a verified artist?
Becoming a verified artist not only helps you to sell your paintings directly through Gallerist.in, but also acts an assurance to the buyer on your strong association with us, which will strengthen their buying decision. Here are the benefits:
- 1) Painting by verified artists will be placed on the top.
- 2) Your new paintings can be highlighted on website Home page in section ‘New on Gallerist’
- 3) Whenever required the Gallerist team will do the quality check-up & stamp your paintings for Quality assurance.
- 4) Gallerist team will support you in selling the paintings by various promotional methods.
- 5) Opening doors to be featured in Top 5 artist on website ‘Home page’.
11) How to become a verified artist?
Here are the 4 simple steps to become a verified artist on Gallerist.in
- 1) Complete profile by 100%
- 2) Upload more than 8 good quality paintings.
- 3) Manual verification by the Gallerist team.
- 4) Documents verification by the Gallerist team.
PRODUCT AND PROMOTION
12) How should I upload the artwork?
Once you complete your registration process, click on the ‘Upload Product’ button in ‘My account’. Just fill your artwork details and with uploading a high-quality image, you can start uploading as many as artwork you like.
13) Does Gallerist promote our art?
Yes, Gallerist promotes their verified artist’s work on various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. In addition, Gallerist have a special feature named
ARTIST OF THE MONTH
where an artist who receives have maximum views on their paintings and have maximum order value, becomes artist of the month and gets maximum chances of buyers visiting his profile on Gallerist.
14) In which format or size do I upload my artwork?
- Ensure that you click good quality images as images of poor quality might affect the purchasing decision of the buyer.
- Kindly upload only original paintings that are exclusively yours. By accepting the terms & conditions while uploading the images, you are bound to maintain the originality of paintings to the buyer. Your certificate with painting is a proof of the same.
- Please do not upload copied/reproduced/similar paintings of known or unknown artists, as it’s a violation of the terms & conditions accepted by you on Gallerist.in. Violation of the terms & conditions will lead to banning of your profile on Gallerist.in. You will also be liable for legal action.
15) I have uploaded the image of my painting but it still is not showing on the website?
Once you upload the image of an artwork, it goes to the back end for moderation. Once it is approved by moderator, the image gets activated on the website.
16) What percentage does Gallerist charge from the artist on sales?
We charge 25% over & above the price you quote, covering the charges including commission, promotions, shipping, handling etc.
17) Are there any other charges than Gallerist’s commission?
Other than Gallerist's commission we charge
as annual registration fee.
18) How is my art priced?
An artist can set the price for their artwork. We add 25% as comission and 12% GST on the price quoted by artist.
19) When do I receive my payment?
The artist is paid once the payment is done with the Gallerist account and the buyer receives the artwork. Because sometimes, the artworks may be returned or cancelled during the order process, so only after the buyer receives the artwork, the artist is paid for the artwork sold.
20) I am an artist; how can I sell my artwork through Gallerist?
In order to sell your artwork on Gallerist, follow these simple steps:
- 1) Go to our website www.gallerist.in
- 2) Click on Create account.
- 3) You will have two options- artist/user, click on artist.
- 4) Now fill the basic info which includes your first name, last name, email id, contact no and password.
- 5) Click on register.
- 6) Complete your profile to 100%
- 7) Upload minimum 6 paintings.
21) How do I know when my artwork is sold? What do I do once it is sold?
It happens that even after being a verified artist, the artwork may not be sold for a long time. In such cases, a panel of artists at Gallerist can help and assist you in getting your artwork sold as soon as possible. When the buyer receives the painting and the amount is received by Gallerist, then the money is credited to the artist in his bank account.
22) Original and verified artworks
All the artworks on Gallerist are original and handmade. The artist and their artworks are manually verified so are the documents and certificates. Gallerist also has a panel of artists who verify the artwork before it is sold.
We have a variety of artwork for each and every one. You name the artwork and we have it. Right from paintings to drawing, there is art for each and every one.
24) National and International artists.
We have an impressive list of acclaimed National and International artists who give our artwork a global feel.
25) Do I have to sign-in to browse the site?
No, one can easily and freely browse through our range of artworks without the need of signing in.
26) What kind of art do we sell?
We sell original artworks (Paintings and drawings). All the artworks displayed on our site are original, manually verified by the Gallerist team and verified by a panel of an artists.
27) How to buy an artwork?
You can purchase an artwork in 3 simple steps
- 1) Click on Buy Now button
- 2) Proceed to checkout
- 3) Add shipping and billing details and proceed to payment page.
28) How can I check my order status?
To check you order status, simply login to your account and click on the ‘Order Status’ under ‘My Order’ section.
29) What are the payment options available?
Below are the payment options available
- 1) Credit card
- 2) Debit card
- 3) Net banking
30) Do you charge Sales Tax or any other tax?
No, we don’t charge Sales Tax. We however charge an additional Rs. 399 per painting as shipping charge for deliveries that are within India and a minimum of $99 per painting for international deliveries.
31) How will my package be shipped?
All packages will be delivered through couriers. Artworks are carefully packed to prevent damage during transit post quality checking by artist panel.
32) What if my purchased artwork arrived in damaged state?
If any artwork is found defective in the package, contact the customer support right away at ‘[email protected]‘ . Please click the picture of the defective artwork & mail it to us. We will give you a call back within 24hrs & guide for the same, We ensure that it is exchanged and delivered to you in pristine condition or a full refund will be made as per terms and conditions. Please note: In the case of a defective artwork received at your end, you must notify www.gallerist.in within 24-48 hours.
33) Is my personal information secure?
34) How do we contact Gallerist?
You can reach out to us by mailing on:
If you have any query regarding gallerist you are free to contact us through email, you query will be answered within 48 hours.