Passion for colors and years of training in media such as oils, acrylic, porcelain, pastels, abstracts, mixed media and pottery have brought Usha to a point where she is now – known nationally and internationally, as an artist who brings life into canvas.
I paint portraits, figurative, abstracts, on different media, be it acrylic, oil, mixed media or porcelain; I took formal painting courses, won accolades and recognition, got cited in newspapers and art magazines.
BFA, Andhra University
Portrait Seminars/ workshop from a master Marvin Mattelson
Portrait work shop with San Do
MEMBER OF Porcelain Artist Association AMERICA, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
MEMBER OF International Porcelain Artist Association AMERICA, 2005, 2006, 2007
PRIVATE STUDY WITH Ronald Bayens, 2008
Presently - Working on commissions
• 2011 “Color Fiesta" At Khoobsoorat Gallery ,Vizag AP, INDIA
• 2010 “Blues Festival” San Francisco, CA USA
• 2010 “ Art & Wine Festival” Mountain View, CA USA
• 2010 “ Food and Wine Festival” San Rafael , California, USA
• 2010 Catawampus Art Gallery , Opelika, AL USA
• 2010 Valley Spring Festival, GA USA
• 2009 Catawampus Art Gallery , Opelika, AL USA
• 2009 Valley Spring Festival, GA USA
• 2006 Artist Select , Columbus, GA USA
• 2007 ONE-man EXHIBITION: NEW WORKS, Sylacauga, AL USA
• Several Other exhibitions and one man shows in India
Award & Recognition
• Honorable Mention, My Art Contest 2010
• Silver Award, “Darling,” IPAT Eastern Regional Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2005
• Bronze Award, “Victorian Beauty,” IPAT Eastern Regional Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2005
• Merit Award, “Blue Iris,” Auburn Art Association, Juried Art Exhibition, Auburn, AL, 2003
• Eminent Lady Artist, Kurella Someswara Rao Trust, Visakhapatnam, India, 1999.
• Best Lady Artist, Lions Club, Visakhapatnam, India, 1993
• Merit Award, “Scenery,” Fevicol Exhibition, India, 1990.