Abhishek Kumar (New Delhi, India) is an artist who mainly works with painting. By exploring the concept of landscape in a nostalgic way, Kumar creates intense personal moments masterfully created by means of rules and omissions, acceptance and refusal, luring the viewer round and round in circles. His paintings doesn’t reference recognisable form. The results are deconstructed to the extent that meaning is shifted and possible interpretation becomes multifaceted. By applying abstraction, he investigates the dynamics of landscape, including the manipulation of its effects and the limits of spectacle based on our assumptions of what landscape means to us. Rather than presenting a factual reality, an illusion is fabricated to conjure the realms of our imagination. His works establish a link between the landscape’s reality and that imagined by its conceiver. These works focus on concrete questions that determine our existence.
2009 - 2013: College of Art, New Delhi
- Annual Art Exhibition 2016-17 Sahitya Kala Parishad , New Delhi (2017)
- 89th Annual All India Art Exhibition at AIFACS, New Delhi (2016).
- ART35 (IInd Edition), Young Affordable Art, Mumbai. (2016)
- Dhoomimal Annual at Dhoomimal Gallery, New Delhi. (2016)
- MONSOON 2016 at Nine Fish Art Gallery, Mumbai. (2016)
- 5th , 6th All India Digital Art Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi (2015,2016).
- 8th, 9th All India Portrait Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi (2015,2017)
- All India Digital Art Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi (2015).
- The Grand Trunk Show, at Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad (2014)
- The Grand Trunk Show, at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi (2014)
- The Grand Trunk Show, at The Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi (2014)
- ANNUAL ART EXHIBITION, at College of Art, New Delhi. (2013)
- Dhoomimal Annual at Dhoomimal Gallery, New Delhi. (2013)
- Moods of Music, at A.I.F,A.C.S., New Delhi . (2012)
- “100 Years of the City New Delhi’’ at , A.I.F,A.C.S., New Delhi (2012)
- KALPITATVA at Alliance Francaise, New Delhi (2012)
- VIGNETTE ARTS at Lalit Kala, Rabindra Bhawan, New Delhi (2012)
- WORLD BREASTFEEDING CONFERENCE by BPNI at Convention Foyer, IHC, New Delhi
(2012) - ANNUAL ART EXHIBITION, at College of Art, Delhi. (2010-13)
- ALL INDIA ART FESTIVAL, at Art Mall, Delhi (2009).
Award & Recognition
- North Zone Bronze Medal Award for Digital Art by Prafulla Art Foundation (2017)
- Fellowship Award for Painting by Dhoomimal Gallery (2015-2016)
- First Award by BPNI on their 20th Anniversary. (2012)